Example 1: Sintel
What this movie is about
The script was inspired by a number of story suggestions by Martin Lodewijk around a Cinderella character (Cinder in Dutch is "Sintel"). In the film we meet a lonely girl who is saved on a barren snowfield by a shaman. In the hut of the shaman she tells her life story; how she found a wounded baby dragon in a dilapidated city, and how a deep bond grows between them. When the little dragon is kidnapped violently by an adult dragon, she takes a long quest.
The Sintel Movie Trailer
Images from the movie, including behind the scenes snapshots
The making of Sintel
Sintel commenced in May 2009, with producer Ton Roosendaal establishing a core team consisting of Colin Levy (director), David Revoy (concept art), Martin Lodewijk (story) and Jan Morgenstern (composer). In August script writer Esther Wouda was approached as a consultant, which resulted in her taking the responsibility for the entire screenplay. Esther then worked in close cooperation with Colin, David and Ton to deliver the final script early November. Meanwhile, Colin and David realized the first storyboards.
The people and organizations who made this possible
- Duration: 15 minutes
- Age: for 12 years and older
- Language: English spoken
- Production: Blender Institute
- Producer: Ton Roosendaal (NL)
- Director: Colin Levy (US)
- Writer: Esther Wouda (NL)
- Art Director: David Revoy (FR)
- Composer: Jan Morgenstern (DE)
- Crew: Angela Guenette (CA), Ben Dansie (AU), Beorn Leonard (AU/UK), Brecht van Lommel (BE), Campbell Barton (AU), Dolf Veenvliet (NL), Jeremy Davidson (AU/UK), Lee Salvemini (AU), Nathan Vegdahl (US), Pablo Vazquez (AR), Soenke Maeter (DE), William Reynish (DK)
- Project funding: Blender Foundation, Netherlands Film Fund, Cinegrid Amsterdam
- Premium Sponsors: DivX Inc, Jan Morgenstern
- Main Sponsors: THP Games, Daniel Lanovaz, CoreEL Technologies, Maqina, CG Cookie, Konken Studios.
© copyright Blender Foundation | durian.blender.org